A professional Physiotherapist and partner at Fernwood Health and Performance, Scott uses a combined treatment modality of manual therapy, Active Release Technique, and ultrasound. These paired with appropriate personalized exercises promote a long-lasting recovery.
Scott is also specialized as a Respiratory physiotherapist from his time working in the Royal Jubilee Hospital’s wards including acute respiratory, outpatient Cystic Fibrosis Clinic, intensive care unit and post-op open heart unit. With this knowledge he is able to help with breathing and secretion clearance issues with respect to a number or conditions such as CF, bronchiectasis, asthma, COPD, ALS, post-chest wall trauma/rib fractures, pneumonia, and many more.
Scott has several special interests. One focus is providing treatment and education for dancers, recently giving safe training lectures for the Victoria School of Irish Dance. He also has a strong sports background and volunteered for over four years with the Westshore Rugby Club assessing and treating player injuries as their medical on-field lead, medical manager & most recently as the team physiotherapist. Scott also brings to work his athletic background as a kinesiologist and personal trainer, further increasing his diverse exercise knowledge.
Scott graduated from the UBC Masters of Physical Therapy program. In addition to his private practice at Fernwood, he is the Clinical Physiotherapy Educator at the Royal Jubilee Hospital where he actively works to improve the professional development of all the physiotherapy staff working there. He is pleased to be providing services to patients on his home turf of Vancouver Island. Scott is an avid outdoors person spending time cycling, hiking, kayaking, alpine skiing, playing softball and golfing throughout the island. Scott is building his practice at Fernwood and eagerly welcomes new patients seeking relief from any accident, sports injury, or health improvement need.
Formal Education and Registration
- Master of Physical Therapy 2011
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology 2007
- Bachelor of Science, Biology 2004
- Registered Physiotherapist, College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC)
Professional Affiliations and Certifications
- Clinical Physiotherapy Educator, Royal Jubilee Hospital, Island Health
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery Trained 2012
- Active Release Therapy Upper Extremity Certified 2011
- Vancouver Island Health Authority (VIHA) 48/6 Seniors Care Task Force 2012
- Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC)
- Chair, Public Practice Advisory Committee of PABC 2014-2018
- Island Representative, Public Practice Advisory Committee of PABC 2013-14
- PABC Promotions Task Force 2012, 2014